The Realm Of Dessel Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disscussions, news, petitions, RPs and more.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dessel FAQ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Warhorse
New Comer
New Comer

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Slice Ranix
Job Class: Magic Swordsman
Played by: Ron

Dessel FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Dessel FAQ   Dessel FAQ EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 6:44 am

Q: What is "The Realm of Dessel?"
A: The Realm of Dessel is a fantasy-genre live chat role-playing game, taking place in a kingdom called Dessel. It is also home to the thread role-playing game "2515".

Q: What is role-playing?
A: Role-playing is a recreational activity wherein people gather and insert themselves into a fictional or non-fictional world, assuming the role of various characters to create and play out different stories. Role-playing is a wonderful way to explore and exercise your imagination and creativity.

Q: What's the difference between live chat role-playing and thread role-playing?
A: Live chat role-playing is done in a chat room. The players who are online and in the chat room will role-play instantaneously, being around and active for each new post, action, or piece of dialogue, and the storyline only progresses when the players are around. Thread role-playing is done in a forum or message board, where messages are posted at will, and not all the players involved need to be online and active at once.

Q: What, exactly, is Dessel?
A: Dessel is a fictional kingdom set in the 1600s. It is a small monarchy, set away from the better part of society and being very similar to a smuggler's road. Dessel is not based on, portraying, or inspired by the city in Belgium -- they are unrelated.

Q: Who can join Dessel?
A: Anyone and everyone is welcome to Dessel. We welcome everyone at any level of role-playing, storytelling, etc.

Q: How do I role-play?
A: The basics of role-playing and how to do so can be found at this tutorial: https://desselrp.rpg-board.net/tutorials-and-help-f6/role-playing-the-basics-t68.htm. You can find other tutorials teaching other aspects or techniques to role-playing in the tutorial section of the forums.

Q: Who is in charge of Dessel?
Dessel is owned by LadyAnneHoward (IMVU: LadyAnneHoward; Chatango: LadyAnneHoward). Athena is the head moderator (Forum: Aeonna D'aubigne; IMVU: CeranaKane; Chatango: Aeonna), and Ron is the moderator (Forum: Warhorse; IMVU: CodyMagusson; Chatango: SaintAndMurderer).

Q: Where can I find Dessel?
A: The portal where you can find all of the Chatango rooms and links can be found here: http://desselrp.blogspot.com/. You can also find Dessel's IMVU group here: http://imvu.com/groups/group/The%2BRealm%2Bof%2BDessel/.

Q: What do I have to do to join Dessel?
A: All you have to do is contact one of the members of Dessel, or ask to join. If you have IMVU, you will be sent an invite to join the IMVU group. Otherwise, you will have to activate an account on the forums and with Chatango, and after you create your first character, you may begin! Registering with IMVU, Chatango, and the forum are easy, fast, and free.

Q: Do I have to join IMVU to join Dessel?
A: No, but you will need at least one handle/account for both Chatango and the forum.

Q: Do all of my handles have to be the same on IMVU, Chatango, and the forums?
A: While many members choose to use the same handle for each group, it is not necessary that you do so. That much is a matter of preference.

Q: What are the rules of Dessel?
A: Dessel has four basic rules that are very easy to understand and follow:

1. Do not to god-mod or metagame (in other words, your characters cannot be invincible, they can't dodge each and every attack thrown at them, they can't know something or figure out something illogically or improperly, they can't block or undo something if it's not in their character to be able to do so or if it's illogical, they can't land every hit they throw, not every spell can be successful, etc.)
2. Please use proper grammar, punctuation, capitalization, etc. We don't want to see in-character posts reading "i m f@lling 4 u"
3. You are not allowed to kill a character without consent from that character's player. Also, if you're not sure if a plotline, attack, plot device, etc. on another character will be allowed, please get consent from the other party or all parties involved.
4. Do not destroy or alter a landscape or building permanently without consent from a moderator.

Q: What are the punishments for breaking the rules?
A: Punishments, if any, are at the discretion of the moderators, and are handled on a case-by-case basis. Typically speaking, the illegal move or action you've taken will simply be reversed or ignored.

Q: What am I allowed to do in Dessel?
A: Virtually anything you'd like within the boundaries of the four rules, and as long as it is logical and fits with Dessel, the story, etc. If you ever have an idea or you're unsure of something, ask a moderator.

Q: What is 2515?
A: 2515 is a futuristic role-play, completely unrelated with Dessel.

Q: Do I have to make multiple accounts for my Dessel and 2515 characters?
A: In an effort to keep both stories separate and orderly, we do ask that you make a 2515 account on the forums. It's not necessary to do so for Chatango or IMVU, however.

Q: What is the format of the character sheet on the forums?
A: The format is the Sousei Stat System, v2.0. It is the official stat system for Dessel.

Q: What is the Sousei Stat System and how does it work?
A: It is a system that uses online dice and stats to moderate and assist in battles. A detailed tutorial can be found here: https://desselrp.rpg-board.net/tutorials-and-help-f6/converting-from-dnd-a-tutorial-for-sousei-stats-v20-t39.htm

Q: How are my stats made?
A: Warhorse does all the stats by hand using calculations involving a fixed foruma for level-ups. New players are interviewed about their characters, where base stats, levels, and skills are determined and created.

Q: Why are certain accounts on the forum marked as "Alter Ego"?
A: Alter Egos are secondary accounts created for the different characters in Dessel. They are created based on the various main or secondary characters players have in Dessel.

Q: Do I have to make multiple accounts for my different Dessel characters?
A: The "Alter Ego" accounts are created to let the mods know who needs stats made for them. If you have a character you plan to fight with or go on campaigns with, you will need to make an account for that character.

Q: Can I use the same e-mail for registering forum accounts?
A: You cannot use the same e-mail when registering or activating different accounts on the forum. However, after the second accounts or are made, multiple accounts can be tied to one e-mail address. Contact a moderator if you wish to have this done.

Q: How can I register multiple accounts on the forum if I only have one e-mail address, or if I have problems with my e-mail address?
A: You can contact Warhorse to borrow an e-mail address for the registry process. When your new account is registered, it will be tied to the e-mail address of your choosing.

Q: Do I need to create multiple Chatango accounts for my different characters?
A: That much is left to your discretion. If you'd like to create multiple accounts on Chatango for your different characters, by all means. However, it's not necessary.

Q: What do I do if I want to (or have to) leave Dessel?
A: You are not required to role-play, nor are you obligated to stay once you've joined. If you have to take a leave of absence or if you have to leave the group for whatever reason, we only ask that you inform the moderators of your leave. You will also be asked to decide the fate of your character(s), in case you ever plan on returning.

Q: What happens if one of my characters die?
A: At best, the corpse can be reanimated to join the ranks of the undead, and that would be at your discretion and would have to be orchestrated properly. Otherwise, your character is left to the same fate anyone is left to when faced with death. But, of course, the death of your character would have to come at your consent.

Q: How many characters am I allowed to play?
A: As many as you can handle.

Q: How often must I role-play?
A: As often as you possibly can or want to. Of course, that doesn't mean that there's a minimum. You do what you can.

Q: How can I contact one of the moderators if I have a problem?
A: You can contact a moderator either through Chatango, IMVU, or the forum. The moderators have various ways to be contacted on their profiles, and you are more than welcome to use them.
Back to top Go down
http://mightylubu.deviantart.com

Dessel FAQ
Page 1 of 1