The Realm Of Dessel Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disscussions, news, petitions, RPs and more.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Invasion So Far

Go down 
AuthorMessage
IDealinDreams
New Comer
New Comer

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Ezeri
Job Class: Assassin
Played by: Chase

The Invasion So Far Empty
PostSubject: The Invasion So Far   The Invasion So Far EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 12:58 am

((I know this is supposed to be an in-character page, but when I told Ron I wanted to write an update on how the invasion is going and what to expect, he told me to put all that info here. Thus, here is the invasion as it stands so far.

Asulet is a desert kingdom far, far East of Dessel. It is preparing a war campaign on a global scale, and in fact has already struck one of it's neighboring countries. Asulet is a deadly military force for two reasons: the first is sheer numbers. Asulet is immensely overpopulated, and every young man must serve at least one term in the military, although most usually do at least two, drunk on national pride.

To their West, lies Dessel, and further West of that lies Seloutin, a Kingdom on the beach. Both Seloutin and Asulet have a massive army, though Asulet's is slightly larger. While Asulet makes use of it's 400 Dragoon soldiers, Seloutin has one hundred shadow priests that it calls it's sacred order. They are known only as "The Scythe."

Hyrial D'Lune, young ward to Ezeri, set off to reach Seloutin, to warn them of the coming invasion and to tell them to get their men prepared and march to the defense of Dessel.

Erdrick Etholos, the former commander of the Black Spear Dragoon Squad,
fled to Dessel but only stayed a short while before he moved on and went farther West, perhaps to Seloutin. His current whereabouts are unknown.

As of now, Asulet's armies are waging war on their Eastern neighbors, prepared to stretch in a long line across the continent, and Dessel will be amongst it's targets. It will take a long time for them to get here, as they will need to occupy every country on their way to Dessel.

So however your character needs to figure out this situation, make sure you do have them informed if you want to take part in this storyline. Or you could just wait for the fighting to begin. Your choice.

I was advised by a fellow RPer not to have too much planned out in advance, and I understand why she'd say that. However, I really can't help myself - I hope no one gets the wrong idea, that I'm trying to take over or anything. I am open to ideas.

Right now, as it stands, we're supposed to lose. This will completely change the backdrop we play in, as we'll be suddenly occupied. I know I already went over the merits of this in my other post, so I won't bore you by repeating them.

The only thing is, I worry that when the invasion comes some characters will not treat them as the threat they are supposed to be. I don't think any one soldier, sorcerer, etc., is strong enough to take on the literally MILLIONS of soldiers in Asulet's armies, but people have done crazier things in RPs.
Back to top Go down

The Invasion So Far
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Realm Of Dessel Forums :: In Character :: The Dessel Gazzette-
Jump to: